Thursday, April 23, 2009

White

Yes, it had to follow :)

So, what are we thinking of when I say "White" - purity, light, bright, "It's good and clean and fresh tralala"? Well, as a girl, what immediately comes to mind is a wedding dress (no, don't ask me why). So, here is one I did recently...
But obviously for guys this is quite different. So, what does white really mean?
I suppose it really symbolises purity, since we will be given white linen garments when we finally meet the Lord. I'm sure they will not be wedding dresses, but then again, are we not the bride of Jesus?

What does all of this have to do with fashion and conservative dressing? Well, I suppose we need a bigger perspective on things. We need to understand some biblical issues like how do we stay pure spiritually without compromising the way we dress. Here, again comes common sense (which I'm reminded is not that common) and you need to be aware of what the world values and teaches and what the Bible has to say.

So, how do we keep ourselves pure? By living a different life to what the world has to offer and to be pure in mind and spirit.

1 comment:

  1. "How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word." - Psalm 119:9, The Message

    "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word." - Psalm 119:9, NIV

    ReplyDelete